Coffee with a Cop Redland Bay Police Station Officer in Charge, Senior Sergeant Stephen Graham invites all Southern Moreton Bay Island and Redland Bay residents to attend an upcoming local Coffee with a Cop. His shout! Senior Sergeant Graham said that the event will be held at the new cafe […] Continue reading
Weinam Creek PDA Project Update – Public Submissions for Housing Lots The public submission process for nine house lots fronting Moores Road, Redland Bay, opens today. The State Government will be taking submissions on the house lots for 20 business days up until 11 February 2019. In November 2018, […] Continue reading
December Crime Wrap, Macleay Island Crime Wrap December Macleay Island OIC Macleay Island on Jan 2, 2019 @ 10:14am Break and Enter Between November 22 and December 6, unknown offenders gained entry to a shed in Arthur Street, Macleay Island and stole eight solar batteries. Between July 1 and December […] Continue reading
Storms, strong winds and rainfall expected from Friday Residents are urged to be prepared for a severe weather event expected to begin on Friday, with storms, strong winds and rainfall continuing over the weekend. By late Sunday it is expected that the remnants of Tropical Cyclone Owen, […] Continue reading
Macleay Island Community Library News (November & December) Patricia Cation (Left), a former resident of Macleay Island and previous Library volunteer, has donated two of her detective novels to the Library – “Between Friends” and “Free Fall”. These are now available to read. Patricia’s books and those of other local […] Continue reading
Just a thought … Back to Brissie? Just a thought, prompted by a post in the Rocky Point Boating Fishing and Camping Club Russell Island Facebook Group. https://www.redlandcitybulletin.com.au/story/5834786/boatie-18-pushes-for-ramp-upgrades-at-wellington-point/?cs=213&fbclid=IwAR2ys7QIpqzUoIile9SaAra2gHLTYFeNMlnTa2KQJV8i6QvaDa_COEXxKDU An Opinion Piece by Tim Barker Now please don’t take this the wrong way, OK? Hasn’t the Council got enough on […] Continue reading
SMBI 2019 Summer SCHOOL HOLIDAY program For youth aged 10—17 on the islands. All activities are FREEContinue reading
Christmas Ferry Timetable Kindly supplied by BITS (Translink did not have one as of 2pmContinue reading
Redlands Coast’s Christmas by Starlight Stars to shine at Redlands Coast’s Christmas by Starlight Sensational songstress Casey Donovan will headline a stellar line-up of performers at Redlands Coast’s premier free family carols event, Christmas by Starlight, on Saturday 15 December at Cleveland’s Norm Price Park – Redland Showground. […] Continue reading
Symbiotic exhibitions opening in December: Australien Future – Tales of Migration and Shore Birds Visit Redland Art Gallery, Cleveland from 9 December for two related exhibitions by south-east Queensland artist Deb Mostert and the Redlands Coast locals she has mentored. Deb Mostert’s exhibition, Australien Future – Tales of Migration, focusses […] Continue reading
Council introduces new regulated parking areas Editors Note: I was reluctant to publish this, as Council cannot give me any idea of how long the parking periods will be for – none at all. Nor the amount any fines might be. It was fortunate that I had a copy of […] Continue reading
Upsize your bin for Recycling Week and save money To celebrate National Recycling Week (12 to 18 November), Redland City Council is offering a special deal on upsizing household recycling bins. Redland City Mayor Karen Williams said Council was waiving the one-off bin establishment fee when households upgraded from a […] Continue reading
- Russia says US 'spy' caught red-handed, denies prisoner swap 16th January 2019Russia's Foreign Minister rejects allegations that former US marine Paul Whelan was arrested in Moscow in order to swap him for one of the Russians held in the US, saying "we don't do such things".
- Romeo, 'the world's loneliest frog', finds his Juliet 10 years later 16th January 2019When Romeo was found in a Bolivian rainforest, researchers though he may be the last Sehuencas water frog in the world. Ten years later, he is preparing for a blind date.
- Kyrgios takes swipe at Hewitt on social media before deleting post 16th January 2019Only a day after claiming he has no rift with Lleyton Hewitt, Nick Kyrgios deletes an Instagram post taking aim at the Australian Davis Cup captain.Luke Pentony
- NT department heads put on notice over budget blowouts 16th January 2019Reining in routine overspending across Northern Territory Government departments forms the centre point of a plan to curb the region's spiralling debt crisis.Emily JB Smith
- Government's $444m grant to reef body did not comply with transparency rules, Audit Office says 16th January 2019The auditor-general criticises the Environment Department's assessment of whether a funding allocation worth nearly half a billion dollars was good value for money.Michael Slezak
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Please log in to submit content!
Videos worth a look..Continue reading